This is a major trunk road in Singapore's CBD (Central Business District). Named after Sir William Cleaver Francis Robinson, then Governor of the Straits Settlements in 1877, it was once a next to the sea until land reclamation works in Telok Ayer Basin shifted the shoreline further east to make room for the building of Shenton Way. This allowed for the road to be widened and converted into a one-way street to accommodate the rise in traffic flow pending massive urban development. Today, it is flanked on both sides by major skyscrapers and lends its name to several buildings, including Robinson Centre and Robinson Point.
On Sundays, Robinson Road is deserted as almost all of the offices are closed.